Blackrock Castle, Co. Cork, Ireland

This is a blast from the past...

I took this photo last month (December) of the re-open Blackrock 16th century castle, in Co. Cork, Ireland

We used to go there when I was a kid (80's) But it was closed down for many years after someone bought it and used it as a private residency. And over the years it got so overgrown of weeds and trees etc. So I was so pleased to hear they put all the work in to it, to get it re-open for the public again. So over Christmas we went down to visit family and friends in Cork and one of the last days before going back to Dublin we went to the Castle. As I was there I "grabbed" this photo of it. Well actually some few shots to be fair, so that I would be able to make a HDR photo of it. The castle re-open some few years ago. And I must say I was really surprised for what they have done to the place. A lovely restaurant within the castle walls and they even have a Castle Observatory that will allow you to explore the cosmos! from the biggest tower of the castle I would highly recommend that you drop in for a visit when or if you are in the "rebel county". The castle is located at the opposite side of the river Lee harbour as you drive in to Cork City (Coming from Dublin / Waterford motorway) Maybe not as known as the famous Blarney Castle in Co. Cork. But if you want to check em out, here is the link to their homepage:  http://www.bco.ie

www.BosPhotography.net